Chair: Liz MacPherson……..905-939-8181
Co-Chair: Andy MacPherson
Committee: Cathy Davis, Lisa Whittaker, Bob Teather, Carol Boyd.
– General rules at the front of this book apply to this class.
– TWO LISTS of antiques entered are required for this class. The second list must accompany the antiques and be signed by both the exhibitor and a committee member.
– The best possible care will be taken to safeguard the articles, but we cannot be responsible for the articles or accidents to them.
– Tags will be opened unless otherwise requested.
– Any mounting box, tray, cardboard, or hanger etc. is for safety and display, and will not influence judging.
– Condition, age, rarity, and historical significance will be considered.
– Small cracks or flaws will not disqualify the item.
– Exhibitors are encouraged to enter items that follow the current Fair Theme and will be given preference
– Historical interest and approximate age of entry would be appreciated but is not necessary for a prize. This may be indicated on the tag.
– The article must not have been entered in the past 3 years.
– New Exhibitors: Please mark tag “New Exhibitor” beside your name on the tag
PRIZES: 1st – $4.00, 2nd – $3.50, 3rd – $3.00
There will be a BEST OF SHOW ribbon awarded
NOSTALGIA COLLECTIBLES / RETRO
For this section, articles must date from the 1950’s, 1960’s or 1970’s decades
- Church plate – commemorative or souvenir
- Advertising poster – Non music (framed or mounted)
- Bread basket fabric liner
- Bread basket
- Pillow case – Hand embroidered
- Retro jewellery box
- Copper jewellery piece (display mounted or in box)
- Novelty ring (display mounted or in box)
- Desk name plate
- First business card (Yours or family member. Display in box or clip mounted)
- View Master with an interesting reel/disc
- A figure of Johnny West, or Jane West, or a Chief Cherokee (Dressed in costume)
- Accessory item for section #12 figure (less than 18 inches high and 20 inches long)
- Queen Elizabeth Silver Jubilee item (but NOT a plate)
- Hurricane Hazel – Local photo or memorabilia (display mounted if needed)
- Transistor radio
- Wind-up alarm clock
- THINK sign
- Lady’s dressy set of jewellery (display in a box or mounted)
- Pair of men’s cufflinks (display in a box)
- Avon aftershave (bottle or decanter)
- Service station calendar or advertising item (display mounted if needed)
- Pocket protector – Prefer local business
- School mathematical mechanical set
- Vintage Barbie doll (in vintage outfit)
- A pair of child sunglasses
For this section, articles must pre-date 1950
- Bird print (framed or mounted. Less than 18 inches in height)
- Box camera
- Local history book (less than 15 inches tall)
- Piece of Graniteware (display mounted if needed, less than 15 inches tall and 10 inches wide)
- Covered dish (Pressed glass. Less than 12 inches tall and 16 inches wide)
- COIN – from Bank of Upper Canada (mounted or in box)
- Pince Nez Glasses (mounted or in box)
- Fountain pen
- Lorgnette Eyeglass set (display mounted or in a box)
- Needlepoint foot stool
- Tintype photo of family member in original frame
- School Reader
- Elegant masquerade mask
- Cornflower – your most interesting piece
- Antique spectacles (mounted or in box)
- Cream pitcher – pressed glass
- Monocle (display mounted or in box)
- Antique jewellery box
- Soldier’s WWI Souvenir other than medal, badge, or button (display mounted or in box if needed)
- Workshop oiler can (less than 18 inches tall)
- Stamp Moistener
- Pastry blender
- Stereoscope with interesting card
- WHAT IS IT? STUMP THE JUDGE!!
Unusual Article not exhibited in the past 5 years.
Identify its use in an attached envelope.
PRIZES: 1st: $4.00, 2nd: $3.50, 3rd: $3.00
- FUTURE COLLECTIBLE OR ANTIQUE
Prizes donated by Joanne & Clarke Smith
(Something made after 1970 that you anticipate will become a desirable collectible or antique)
PRIZES 1st: $20.00, 2nd: $15.00, 3rd: $5.00
- JACK ORR SPECIAL “My Most Prized Antique.”
PRIZES: 1st: $25.00, 2nd: $15.00, 3rd: $10.00
- NEW EXHIBITOR AWARD for the most points
To a person who has never entered before in Class 28
- BEST OF SHOW AWARD: A “Best of Show” rosette will be awarded to the best entry in this class.
VISITORS TO OUR BOOTH will also have a chance to guess the identity of a “MYSTERY ANTIQUE” for a prize: A beautiful plant donated by BTN Nurseries.