CLASS 28: SECTIONS 1 – 58
Chair: Joanne Smith………………………647-688-3341
Committee: Clarke Smith, Judy Craig, Cathy Davis, Christine Hodinka, George Phillips, Brenda See & Anne Rolph
– General rules at the front of this book apply to this class.
– TWO LISTS of antiques entered are required for this class. The second list must accompany the antiques and be signed by both the exhibitor and a committee member.
– The best possible care will be taken to safeguard the articles, but we cannot be responsible for the articles or accidents to them.
– Tags will be opened unless otherwise requested.
– Any mounting box, tray, cardboard, or hanger etc. is for safety and display, and will not influence judging.
– Condition, age, rarity and historical significance will be considered. Small cracks or flaws will not disqualify the item.
– Historical interest and approximate age of entry would be appreciated but is not necessary for a prize. This may be indicated on the tag.
– The article must not have been entered in the past 3 years.
– New Exhibitors: Please mark tag “New Exhibitor” with your name.
PRIZES: 1st – $4.00, 2nd – $3.50, 3rd – $3.00
There will be a BEST OF SHOW ribbon awarded
NOSTALGIA COLLECTIBLES / RETRO
For this section, articles must date from the 1950’s, 1960’s or 1970’s decades
- China Plate of a Local School
- Piece of Art Pottery, but NOT Blue Mountain Pottery – (less than 18 inches high)
- Piece of Blue Mountain Pottery – (less than 15 inches high)
- Desk Perpetual Calendar
- Advertising Pen – (preference given to a local business)
- Piece of 4H Memorabilia – (mounted for display if needed)
- Toy Tractor
- Table Top Electric Fan
- Interesting Pennant – (local interest preference)
- 10.Stationary Steam Engine – (less than 14 inches high)
- Cowboy/Farm Hat
- Denim Work Jacket – (on a hanger)
- John Deere Tool
- Vintage LP – (cover and record)
- Music book – (preference given to a child’s version)
- China Queen Elizabeth Plate
- Holiday Souvenir – (less than 15 inches high)
- Interesting Bottle Opener
- Piece of Melamine ware – (less than 12 inches high)
- Tea Cup & Saucer, with Green as a significant part of the design.
- Baby Rattle
- Hat Box
- Lady’s Dressy Evening Earrings – (mounted for display)
- Bedside Table Lamp – (less than 18 inches high)
- Interesting Waste Basket (less than 18 inches high)
For this section, articles must pre-date 1950
- Salt Glazed Pitcher
- China Cream Pitcher
- Piece of Carnival Glass – (less than 15 inches high)
- Glass Spoon Holder
- Corn Flower Rose Bowl or Flower Vase
- Piece of Green Jasperware
- Metal Tea Caddy
- Copper Tea Kettle
- Canadian Pottery Jug – (less than 18 inches high)
- Piece of Queen Victoria Memorabilia – (mounted if necessary)
- Piece of Slag Glass
- Piece of Green Depression Glass
- China Gravy Boat Set with Attached or Separate Under plate
- Small China Fruit/Nut Dish
- Meat or Fish Serving Fork
- Copper Measuring Container
- Medicine Bottle
- Coffee Grinder – (less than 18 inches high)
- Desk Perpetual Calendar
- Receipt Spike
- Interesting Scissors
- Pocket Knife
- Change Purse
- Hand Mirror
- Cigarette Holder
- WHAT IS IT? STUMP THE JUDGE!! Unusual Article, not exhibited in the past 5 years. Identify its use in an attached envelope.PRIZES: 1st: $4.00, 2nd: $3.50, 3rd: $3.00
- FUTURE COLLECTIBLE OR ANTIQUE Prizes donated by Joanne & Clarke Smith(Something made after 1970 that will become a Sought-After Collectible or Antique!)PRIZES: 1st: $20.00, 2nd: $15.00, 3rd: $5.00
- JACK ORR SPECIAL “My Most Prized Antique.”PRIZES: 1st: $25.00, 2nd: $15.00, 3rd: $10.00
- NEW EXHIBITOR AWARD for the most points To a person who has never entered before in Class 28PRIZE: $10.00
- BEST OF SHOW AWARD: A “Best of Show”ribbon will be awarded to the best entry in this class.
VISITORS TO OUR BOOTH will also have a chance to guess the identity of a “MYSTERY ANTIQUE” for a prize: A beautiful plant donated by BTN Nurseries.