Chair: Joanne Smith………….647-688-3341
Committee: Clarke Smith, Cathy Davis, Michelle Hubert, George Phillips, Julie Wheeler.
– General rules at the front of this book apply to this class.
– TWO LISTS of antiques entered are required for this class. The second list must accompany the antiques and be signed by both the exhibitor and a committee member.
– The best possible care will be taken to safeguard the articles, but we cannot be responsible for the articles or accidents to them.
– Tags will be opened unless otherwise requested.
– Any mounting box, tray, cardboard, or hanger etc. is for safety and display, and will not influence judging.
– Condition, age, rarity and historical significance will be considered.
– Small cracks or flaws will not disqualify the item.
– Exhibitors are encouraged to enter items that follow the current Fair Theme and will be given preference
– Historical interest and approximate age of entry would be appreciated but is not necessary for a prize. This may be indicated on the tag.
– The article must not have been entered in the past 3 years.
– New Exhibitors: Please mark tag “New Exhibitor” with your name.
PRIZES: 1st – $4.00, 2nd – $3.50, 3rd – $3.00
There will be a BEST OF SHOW ribbon awarded
NOSTALGIA COLLECTIBLES / RETRO
For this section, articles must date from the 1950’s, 1960’s or 1970’s decades
- Quilting Book
- Your photo of a celebrity – (Framed or mounted for display)
- Perfume bottle – (Preference to decoration of fair theme)
- Old Spice After Shave – bottle or decanter
- Set of coasters with fair theme – (In a box or mounted for display)
- Snow Globe
- Lunch Box Thermos – (Hot or Cold)
- Travel Clock
- Souvenir Trinket Box
- Glass Marble Collection in a Jar – (jar not to be judged)
- FingerTip Towel with Fair Theme Decoration
- Apron with Fair Theme Decoration
- Election Memorabilia item – (Local, Ontario or Federal)
- Pair of Matching Pewter Candlesticks
- Fair Theme Decorative China Plate
- Honey Jar or Honey Dish
- Decorative Powder Puff
- Lady’s Dressy Bracelet – (in a box for display)
- Character Wrist Watch
- Advertising Pencil
- Small Wooden Toy
- Baby Quilt
- Tonka Toy
- Poster Advertising Music Event or Music Item
- Early Star Wars Memorabilia
For this section, articles must pre-date 1950
- Pewter pitcher
- Honey Tin
- Pictorial Bible or New Testament
- Bakelite Jewellery Piece
- Magnifying Glass
- Pie/Cake Server
- Pressed Glass Souvenir Cup/Mug/Glass (with Red Flash)
- Ice Cream Scoop
- Milk Bottle (with name of Dairy)
- Small Sickle (for single hand use)
- Decorated China Vase – (not taller than 16 in)
- Biscuit Jar
- Corn Flower Bowl – (Salad Size)
- Large Door Keys – (group of 3 mounted for display)
- Door Stop
- Letter Holder
- Metal Tea Pot
- Piece of WWII Memorabilia Other Than Medal, Badge or Button
- Small Multi-Purpose Tool
- Department Store Catalogue
- Elementary School Photo – (Identify the “person of interest” in attached note)
- Plant Identification Book
- Autograph Book
- Santa Claus Figure – (not taller than 12 in)
- WHAT IS IT? STUMP THE JUDGE!!
Unusual Article not exhibited in the past 5 years.
Identify its use in an attached envelope.
PRIZES: 1st: $4.00, 2nd: $3.50, 3rd: $3.00
- FUTURE COLLECTIBLE OR ANTIQUE
Prizes donated by Joanne & Clarke Smith
(Something made after 1970 that will become a Sought-After Collectible or Antique!)
PRIZES: 1st: $20.00, 2nd: $15.00, 3rd: $5.00
- JACK ORR SPECIAL “My Most Prized Antique.”
PRIZES: 1st: $25.00, 2nd: $15.00, 3rd: $10.00
- NEW EXHIBITOR AWARD for the most points
To a person who has never entered before in Class 28
- BEST OF SHOW AWARD: A “Best of Show”
ribbon will be awarded to the best entry in this class.
VISITORS TO OUR BOOTH will also have a chance to guess the identity of a “MYSTERY ANTIQUE” for a prize: A beautiful plant donated by BTN Nurseries.