CRAFTS & HOBBIES
CLASS 29: SECTIONS 1 – 45
Chair: Jan Pinkerton…………905-939-2688
Committee: Betty Huisman, Jennifer Slade, Janis Boykach
- All rules at the beginning of the Homecraft Section apply
- All exhibitors MUST BE AMATEURS
- Definition of non-amateur/professional: A person who uses craft supplies to create fine craft items by hand and sells or teaches the finished product. Anyone, who enters and is found to be a non-amateur or professional of that craft, will be disqualified from the judging process.
- Best of Show rosette will be awarded, no additional prize money.
- Items should be clean and odour free.
- All crafts must have a patch of material, yarn or
threads attached to each entry.
- Pictures must be ready to hang.
- Failure to comply with these rules will result in
– All crafts should be new and this year’s work. Items from previous years should not be entered
SECTIONS 1 to 4
1st – $5.50, 2nd – $5.00, 3rd – $4.50
SECTIONS 5 to 45
1st – $ $4.50, 2nd – $4.00, 3rd – $3.50
Suggestion for 2022 Fair: Remember we are celebrating our 2022 theme. Try to make your entries primarily with a “Celebrating our Community Heroes” theme to increase your judge’s scoring. Let’s celebrate agricultural and community heroes in Schomberg!
- Counted cross stitch picture (under 12” not including mat and frame)
- Counted cross stitch picture (over 12”)
- Fill a Hoop – (i.e. cross stitch, quilting, embroidery or exhibitor’s choice )
- Fibre Art – Article of Needle Felting 5. Handmade stuffed toy – child proof
- Best dressed Doll – (at least 2 pieces) crochet 7. Colouring Page – mounted
Scrapbooking 8. Single Memory page: Favourite Christmas Moment
- Single Memory page: Vacation, Birthday or Anniversary
- Single Memory Page: Family tree. Three to four generations
- Wire sculpture (include sample)
- Handmade wooden item-no size requirement but it must be able to be transported upstairs with no lift assist- craftsman judged only -include samples
- Tea cozy -knit or crochet
- Bird house or feeder – must be useable
- Piece of metal work
- Model made from a kit (i.e. car, plane etc.)
- Slippers, any size, yarn or fabric
- Handmade Jewellery – any medium
- Bookmark: 2022 Theme: “Celebrating our Community Heroes”
- Baby Bib (any medium)
- Article made with plastic canvas
- Sewn Pillowcase
- Embroidered or cross stitch pillowcase
- Spring decoration
- Fridge Magnet
- Article of Finger Knitting or Crocheting
- Decorated Picture Frame: 2022 Theme: “Celebrating our Community Heroes”
- Decorated memory box
- Article made from recycled material
- Any other craft not listed
- Angel – any medium
- Christmas Gift Bag – paper – bag may be purchased
- 3 Christmas ornaments – mounted
- Christmas Centrepiece for dining table
- Christmas placemats (2)
- Christmas Table Runner
- Article made from Old Greeting Cards
- Christmas Article from plastic canvas
- Christmas Stocking
- Out of The Cold Special
***Handmade set of Hats and Mitts or Hat and Scarf*** yarn or fabric.
First prize only to be determined before the Fair
NOTE: This category is a retained special. All section 43 entries will be donated to rotating charities. Multiple entries are welcome. Specify the one to be judged.
- BERNARDIN SNAP LID/MASON JAR CREATIVE CRAFT SPECIAL
Best decorative or functional Homecraft article(s) made using Bernardin Mason Jar(s) or 2-piece snap lid(s)
1st Prize only: $20 Prize coupon
- 2022 Fair Theme: “Celebrating our Community Heroes” Double page scrapbooking layout 12” x 12” in protective sleeves.
First prize only to be awarded. Prize to be determined before the Fair.
- Jewellery item or jewellery set made from repurposed materials
1st Prize: $12.00
2nd Prize: $8.00
3rd Prize: $5.00
Prizes donated by Monica Duggan, Teresa Slade, and their families