CLASS 30: SECTION 1 – 41
Chair: Mary-Lou Stephenson
Committee: Maureen Archibald, Cheryl Prentice, Bonnie O’Hara
- All rules in the Homecraft Section apply
- Please note: all entries, except layer cakes, must be placed on strong paper plates and in clear plastic bags. No cling film.
- NO twist ties, please use ZIPLOC bags
- Attach entry tags to plates, not to the bag
- No mixes or canned filling to be used
CHAMPION COOK TROPHY
The Exhibitor with the highest points will have their name engraved on the Champion Cook Perpetual Plaque donated by Grainne Malcolm and receive a plaque donated by the Schomberg Agricultural Society.
NOTE: 1st prize winners of 2017 & 2018 are not eligible
SECTIONS 1 – 4
1st – $4, 2nd – $3.50, 3rd – $3
SECTIONS 5 – 8
1st – $8.50, 2nd – $6.50, 3rd – $4.50
SECTIONS 9 – 15
1st – $6, 2nd – $5.50, 3rd – $5
SECTIONS 16 – 35
1st – $4, 2nd – $3.50, 3rd – $3
BREADS AND ROLLS Breads and quick breads are to be baked in a pan approx. 9” x 5” x 3” 1. White Bread – ½ loaf 2. 60% Whole Wheat bread – ½ loaf 3. Machine bread, your choice 4. Tea Biscuits – raisin – 4 on a small plate
CAKES All cakes to be on covered cardboard, no larger than 10” x 10”
- Dark fruit cake, un-iced – 4 slices attractively arranged on a small plate 6. Light fruit cake, un-iced – 4 slices attractively arranged on a small plate 7. Lemon cake, iced, no larger than 8” x 8”
- Honey cake, your choice, no larger than 8” x 8”
PIES AND TARTS
- Apple pie – double crust 10. Blueberry pie 11. Baked pie shell 12. Cherry tarts (4 on a small plate)
- Butter tarts, must include raisins, no other fruit, no nuts (5 on a small plate)
***For this year, Winner to provide fresh entry to go to District competition October 26, 2019***
- Banana loaf no nuts – ½ loaf
- Apple Loaf, ½ loaf
SQUARES, COOKIES, MUFFINS
Paper to be removed. Small non-breakable plates
- Brownies, iced, no nuts – 4 on a plate
- Decorated cupcakes, fair theme “Bees, Blooms & Butterflies” no mixes – 3 on a plate
- Chocolate chip cookies – 5 on a plate
- Cranberry/orange muffins, paper removed, 4 on a plate
- Honey Oatmeal cookies – 4 on a plate
Jar size – pint or smaller
- Rhubarb Sauce
- Dill Pickles
- Bread and Butter Pickles
- Pickled Beets
- Chili Sauce, mild
- Cucumber Relish
- BBQ Sauce
- Corn Relish
- Strawberry Jam
- Raspberry Jam
- Apple Jelly
- Grape Jelly
- Any other Jam not mentioned
- Any other Jelly not mentioned
- PIONEER HONEY SPECIAL
Any baked item or Preserve using Pioneer Honey. Proof of purchase and recipe required with entry (retained by sponsor) First prize only donated by Pioneer Honey: selection of Pioneer Honey products. Pioneer Honey is located at 5815 – 15th Sideroad, Nobleton, Ontario L0G 1N0
COUNTRY FAIR BAKING CONTESTS
The following terms and conditions apply to all entrants
- You must submit only entries using the product stipulated.
- A product label must accompany each entry as proof of purchase.
- All entries will be judged on appearance, taste, texture and
- Creativity of recipe and presentation.
- Decision of the judge is final.
- All eligible winners agree to sign a release form giving permission to the sponsor for the use of the winner’s name and photograph in any other advertising or publicity without payment.
- RECIPES ARE REQUIRED
- Prizes not listed to be determined before the Fair.
SMUCKER FOODS OF CANADA CONTESTS
- ROBIN HOOD FLOUR CONTEST
Family Favourite Recipe Baking Contest. Best homemade Loaf – your choice, made with Robin Hood Flour. Proof of purchase and recipe must accompany entry. (Retained by sponsor)
Prizes: ***New for 2019***
First and second prizes only are awarded product certificates.
1st Prize: $25.00 Product Certificate
2nd Prize: $10.00 Product Certificate
Family favourite recipe
4 tarts on a plate (no butter tarts)
Proof of purchase & recipe required (retained by sponsor)
Prize: One prize only. To be determined before the fair
- BERNARDIN OF CANADA
High points in Sections 30-35
Prize: $30 Gift Certificate from Bernardin of Canada
- BERNARDIN JAM/JELLY AWARD
Best Jam / Jelly using Bernardin pectin.
Judged on appearance, taste, and texture & recipe creativity. Proof of Purchase & recipe required (retained by sponsor)
Prize: $20 Gift Certificate from Bernardin of Canada